Read my foundational article on the 5 myths of purity culture:
Purity Culture Recovery Coaching
My other articles about purity culture:
Listen to my podcast interviews about purity culture.
Ready to identify which purity culture myth affects you? Sign up below to take my free quiz!
Purity Culture Books
Disclaimer: I do not agree with everything in these books. Some of them will present a more conservative viewpoint and you’ll find progressive ones below too. Read the description and reviews of each book and use your discretion on which ones are appropriate for you. Amazon affiliate links below.
The two books I do personally recommend and endorse are Talking Back to Purity Culture and The Great Sex Rescue. You can read my full reviews of these books on my blog.
Shop my favorites on my Amazon storefront.
Progressive Sexual Ethics
Recommended Books on Sexuality
Articles, Blogs, Podcasts, and Websites
- Sheila Wray Gregoire’s blog To Love, Honor, and Vacuum
- Elizabeth Ross’s blog articles on purity culture
- Dr. Celeste Holbrook
- Where Do We Go From Here podcast
- “How Should Christians Have Sex?” by Katelyn Beaty, New York Times
- Dr. Tina Schermer Sellers
- “Do we idolize virginity?” by Rachel Held Evans
- “Joshua Harris and the sexual prosperity gospel” by Katelyn Beaty, Religious News Service
- Authentic Intimacy’s Java with Juli podcast